Essential Digital Skills Qualifications (EDSQ)
It is estimated by the UK Government that 17 million people, around a fifth of the population, lack the essential digital skills required for work and life.
Ascentis Essential Digital Skills Qualifications (EDSQ), available at Entry 3 and Level 1, are mapped to the National Occupational Standards for Essential Digital Skills and are designed to bridge the gap between the digital first and the digitally disengaged.
Our Essential Digital Skills qualifications are designed to introduce learners to the digital world, encouraging the use of digital devices throughout the course and giving them the opportunity to engage with online facilities and a range of software. These qualifications cover life and work skills in detail and enable progression to employment or further study.
View our Guide to Essential Digital Skills infographic here.
The Government have identified five key skill areas that adults will need to underpin all essential digital skills. Ascentis EDSQ are mapped to these skill areas:
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Being safe and responsible online
- Comprehensive tutor guidance, learner resources and practice papers are available to support teaching and learning
- A planning document is now available at E3 and L1 containing activities, useful links and ideas for discussion for each assessment criteria
- New interactive tutor slideshow to aid delivery at each unit
- 2 sets of interactive learner resources for each unit. These encourage learners to immerse themselves in the 5 skill areas and enable them to become more digitally engaged.
- Free diagnostic resources are provided to ensure your learners are accessing the appropriate level
Why should I choose Ascentis?
- Holistic assessments which allow skills to be explored in a real world context and demonstrate the transferability of the various skill sets
- Our EDSQ qualifications are ESOL-friendly with tailored resources provided to support tutors and learners
- Qualifications can be delivered through classroom-based and blended learning
- Funding available for adults aged 16+
- No registration windows – robust guidance is provided for booking assessments
- Externally set assessments which are marked online, saving valuable resources
- Learners get a practice opportunity prior to taking the live assessment
- Full suite of Digital Skills qualifications available from Pre-Entry to Level 3 to support learner progression
- Wide range of resources available to aid learning and delivery, including activities workbook, learners resources and tutor presentations
bksb and Ascentis
As one of the fastest growing UK awarding organisations we are delighted to have partnered with bksb, a leading online Edtech platform, to offer additional comprehensive learning resources to enhance your EDSQ provision. Ascentis centres delivering EDSQ can access an exclusive 20% discount on bksb Essential Digital Skills assessments and resources.
How do I get started?
If you wish to apply now, please download the Centre Recognition Form and/or Qualification Approval Form which are available on our Join Us page.