Essential Digital Skills
*UPCOMING WEBINAR: Upskilling the nation with Ascentis Essential Digital Skills Qualifications (EDSQ). Click here to book a place or scroll down and click the 'Webinars' tab to see our EDSQ on-demand webinars.
We are delighted that our Essential Digital Skills Qualifications (EDSQ) have passed Ofqual’s technical evaluation and are now available to Education Providers, to upskill the nation digitally.
It is estimated that 11.3 million people in the UK lack basic digital skills and 8% of adults in the UK have no basic digital skills at all.
To tackle this skills gap the Department for Education (DfE) has introduced a new fully funded legal entitlement digital skills qualifications for all adults.
- Two brand new qualifications at Entry 3 and Level 1 ready for teaching on Monday 1st February 2021
- These qualifications are mapped to the National Occupational Standards for Essential Digital Skills
- Fully funded under legal entitlement for adults (19+) who wish to develop their digital skills
- Funded for adults (16-18) who don’t have the basic digital skills they need for life and work through a study programme
- All 5 skill areas will be comprehensively covered in both qualifications
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Being safe and responsible online
These documents map our current Digital Skills qualifications to the National Occupational Standards to help you prepare for Essential Digital Skills.
- Entry Level Essential Digital Skills Mapping Document
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills Mapping Document
Why should I choose Ascentis?
- Both our Entry 3 and Level 1 qualifications cover life and work skills in detail
- Can be delivered through classroom-based and blended learning
- No registration windows – robust guidance is provided for booking assessment
- Assessments are externally set and fully marked online saving resources
- Assessments are holistic and allow skills to be explored in a real world context and demonstrate the transferability of the various skill sets
- 2 free resits
- Tutor Guidance available to help you teach these new qualifications
- Learners are encouraged to use digital devices throughout the course of the qualifications, giving them an extra opportunity to engage with the online facilities and a range of software
- No minimum registrations
- Our Essential Digital Skills qualifications enable progression to employment, further learning and opportunities within employment as well as progression onto further study
How do I get started?
To enquire about delivering these new Digital Skills qualifications or for more information please email EDSQ@ascentis.co.uk
Click here to view our other Digital Skills Qualifications.