Essential Digital Skills
We are delighted that our Essential Digital Skills Qualifications (EDSQ) have passed Ofqual’s technical evaluation and can now be made available on Monday 1st February 2021 to Education Providers, to provide vital digital education to the nation.
It is estimated that 11.3 million people in the UK lack basic digital skills and 8% of adults in the UK have no basic digital skills at all.
To tackle this skills gap the Department for Education (DfE) has introduced a new fully funded legal entitlement digital skills qualifications for all adults.
- Two brand new qualifications at Entry 3 and Level 1 ready for teaching on Monday 1st February 2021
- These qualifications are mapped to the National Occupational Standards for Essential Digital Skills
- Fully funded under legal entitlement for adults (19+) who wish to develop their digital skills
- All 5 skill areas will be comprehensively covered in both qualifications
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Being safe and responsible online
These documents map our current Digital Skills qualifications to the National Occupational Standards to help you prepare for Essential Digital Skills.
- Entry Level Essential Digital Skills Mapping Document
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills Mapping Document
Why should I choose Ascentis?
- Both our Entry 3 and Level 1 qualifications cover life and work skills in detail
- Tutor Guidance available to help you teach these new qualifications
- Learners are encouraged to use digital devices throughout the course of the qualifications, giving them an extra opportunity to engage with the online facilities and a range of software
- Assessments are fully marked online saving resources
How do I get started?
To enquire about delivering these new Digital Skills qualifications or for more information please email EDSQ@ascentis.co.uk
Click here to view our other Digital Skills Qualifications.