Employment, Digital and Community Engagement Skills for English Language Learners
Brand new for 2020/21, this Entry 3 qualification enables learners to gain the practical and personal skills for work and further study, whilst improving their knowledge and use of the English language. The qualification offers a flexible and broad range of topics which can be tailored to learners’ needs to help them gain new skills and knowledge.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is for young people aged 14-19 and adult learners. It builds on language skills gained from previous learning and experiences, and can help individuals who are experiencing a learning plateau to overcome it and progress.
How will my learners benefit from studying this qualification?
This qualification will enable learners to:
- Overcome barriers to entering work and further education
- Develop and use language skills for a practical and functional purpose to enable progression
- Develop valuable practical skills for enhancing life and work opportunities
- Progress in the areas of employability, digital, study and personal skills
Why should I choose Ascentis?
• You can build an individualised curriculum based on learner motivations
• Portfolio evidence can be generated within a wide range of organisational contexts addressing the individual needs of learners
• Clear learning outcomes and assessment criteria are provided along with language and classroom activities
• No minimum registrations
• Certification and verification offered all year round
• Direct support all year with your designated subject specialist External Quality Assurer
• Online support sessions
• Unit certification available
Where can my learners go from here?
Learners may use the skills attained for the achievement of this qualification to continue their studies in English in either ESOL Skills for Life, English Skills or Functional Skills. They may also go on to employment or study a vocational qualification or apprenticeship.
How do I get started?
For more information on our Employment, Digital and Community Engagement Skills for English Language Learners qualification please contact the Commercial Team on 01524 845046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org