English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Join the UK's Number One ESOL Awarding Organisation
Brand new: Ascentis Entry Level Award and Certificate in Progression Programme for ESOL Learners. Read more here.
Ascentis offers the full suite of ESOL Skills for Life Qualifications from Entry 1 to Level 2. We are the number one awarding organisation for ESOL in the London region, across the UK and in Wales, dedicated to supporting thousands of learners by improving their communication and fluency in English, their employability skills and their ability to fully participate in every part of life in Britain.
Who are these qualifications for?
Ascentis ESOL Skills for Life qualifications are designed specifically for people living in Britain and focus on preparing learners for everyday life, further education and the world of work. The primary aim is to assist the learner in becoming independent of other people such as interpreters or translators when interacting with English speakers in a work environment and elsewhere. By improving their communication and fluency in English, learners will significantly improve their employability skills and their ability to fully participate in every part of life in Britain beyond their local community. We have also launched Tailored learning programmes that will help learners progress into further education and employment, please click here to find out more.
Why should I choose Ascentis?
- ESOL reading online assessments available at Entry 2, Entry 3 and Level 1
- No minimum registrations
- Minimal paperwork for tutors
- Additional resources, example speaking videos and practice papers available
- Bespoke onsite staff training
- No wait for resits
- Learners are registered at any point prior to assessment
- Controlled assessments can be taken in the classroom
- Assessments can be broken up and tasks taken when the learner is ready
- Direct support all year with your designated subject specialist External Quality Assurer
- No assessment windows – you set the date
- Assessments guide times
- Regular regional and online support sessions
- Quick certification
We offer qualifications in Community Interpreting from Level 1 to Level 3. These qualifications support a progression route for ESOL learners into higher level study as well as equipping learners to work within and support their own language community. Learners may wish to study the subject as they have an interest in the topic or they may wish to use the qualifications as stepping-stones to become a qualified community interpreter. The Ascentis Level 3 qualification is widely recognised in the sector as a robust qualification, enabling individuals to practise as professional community interpreters.
- Level 1 Award – suitable for learners who have an interest in the role of an interpreter and who wish to acquire further qualifications to work towards becoming a community interpreter.
- Level 2 Certificate – suitable for learners who wish to train to become community interpreters. It is particularly suited learners looking to develop their language and public service knowledge and learners who already have, or wish to gain, voluntary interpreting experience.
- Level 3 Certificate - Allows the learners to develop their skills and knowledge of the role of a community interpreter and to practise those skills. This qualification offers a choice of specialist sectors from which the learners select two to study.
ESOL Volunteering to Support English Language
Our recently developed ESOL Volunteering to Support English Language qualification is available at Levels 1 & 2 and has been developed to support the volunteers who want to teach ESOL. This could be learners who have been through the system and want to support their community, volunteers who want to help ESOL learners and those who may like to teach ESOL as a profession in the future.
- Level 1 Award in Volunteering to Support English Language Teaching and Learning
- Level 2 Award in Volunteering to Support English Language Teaching and Learning
Where can my learners go from here?
How do I get started?
For more information on our ESOL qualifications or if you would like to become an ESOL partner, please contact the Commercial Team on 01524 845046 or email [email protected]. You can also book an online meeting at a time to suit you here.
View our ESOL Skills for Life Policy Statement here.
If you wish to apply now, please download the Centre Recognition Form and/or Qualification Approval Form which are available on our Join Us page.