Progression and Employability Qualifications
Ascentis Progression and Employability qualifications help give learners the skills they need to prepare and succeed both personally and professionally. They help to improve work prospects and cultivate positive attitudes to work. These qualifications are designed to meet the needs of employers as well as employees, and therefore help learners not only to secure employment, but to remain within it.
These qualifications offer a broad range of optional units, which allow learners to follow highly individualised learning programmes.
Who are these qualifications for?
These qualifications are ideal for learners who are unemployed and looking to return to the workplace. The learners may be lacking confidence and need to demonstrate work readiness, through improving sector-specific skills, transferable skills which help workplace integration, understand relationships in the workplace and expectations within a working environment. They are also ideal for learners seeking an alternative to academic qualifications or learners who may be struggling with confidence and self-belief, experience barriers to learning or may have been out of a learning environment for some time.
They are suitable for inclusion in Study Programmes and Traineeships as they teach a range of skills valued by employers. Many of our centres also use these qualifications with ESOL learners and SEND.
Why should I choose Ascentis?
- Comprehensive indicative content is available for many units.
- Flexible programmes, containing a range of unit options that enables a customised learning experience based on learner needs, circumstances and preferences.
- Qualifications to suit all ability levels and sized to suit different programme lengths.
- Units are available in a range of interpersonal skills areas including communication, conflict management, empathy, leadership, listening, positive attitude, teamwork, and time management.
- These qualifications are available for enrolment/registration all year round.
- Qualifications cover a wide range of topics including Personal Health and Relationships, Identity and Belonging in Modern Britain, Health and Social Care, Life Skills, Resilience and Grit and Independent Living.
We also take your feedback seriously. That's why we have made exciting developments across the portfolio including:
- New unit Well-being for the Workplace built into our Level 1 Certificate in Employability, Skills for Employment and Work Preparation
- New Well-being and Sustainable Living units added to our Independent Living qualification
- Enhanced units across the suite to embed digital, well-being and sustainability learning opportunities
- FREE Digital, Well-being and Sustainability learner guides, available all of our centres to encourage learner development beyond the classroom
Where can my learners progress from here?
Learners achieving these qualifications may enter paid employment or progress to further study.
How do I get started?
For more information on our Progression and Employability Qualifications, or to move your provision to Ascentis, please get in touch here.
If you wish to apply now, please download the Centre Recognition Form and/or Qualification Approval Form which are available on our Join Us page.