Short Online Qualifications (SOQs)
Short Online Qualifications (SOQs) and Online Enrichment qualifications are designed to broaden learners’ horizons, create well-rounded individuals, and enhance their learning experience covering a diverse range of skills with practical applications in the world of work and study.
These qualifications are ideal to supplement study programmes in all subject areas helping to ensure full time funding hours are met, and boost college success rates.
They cover a wide range of topics including British Values and Citizenship, Environment and Climate Change, Equality, Diversity and Safeguarding, Food Safety, Well-Being, and Infection Control. These qualifications are an ideal way to enhance learner enrichment and tutorial programmes, helping to support learners with personal development, behaviour, and welfare in line with OFSTED requirements.
Who are these qualifications for?
These qualifications are designed for anyone and can be delivered at any time -
- NEET learners
- Study programmes
- Induction programmes
- The unemployed
- Adult learners
Why should I choose Ascentis?
- ESFA funding available.
- These qualifications are accompanied by interactive online learning resources included in the price, helping minimise teaching hours and allowing the learner to complete the course at their own pace. To view our interactive resources, please visit the resource area of our website.
- Brand new tutor guidance available for each SOQ which includes indicative content, useful websites, sample questions and a glossary. To view these tutor guidance documents, please visit the user resource area.
- SOQs are available on-demand with online assessment and a five-day registration period.
- The online delivery and assessment tools for SOQs help you meet FELTAG recommendations and Ofsted requirements.
- SOQs provide instant provisional results and rapid certification turnaround to ensure your learners have the qualifications in time to prepare for life outside the learning environment.
- Paper-based assessments can be requested, where required as a reasonable adjustment for SOQs.
- Online Enrichment qualifications have learner assessment booklets which can be used by learners to develop the portfolio.
- Tutor guidance available for each Online Enrichment qualification which includes indicative content, useful websites and a glossary. To view these tutor guidance documents, please visit the user resource area.
- High achievement results that help boost your success rates.
- Designed to be delivered in high volumes, ideal for any induction and/or enrichment programme.
We also take your feedback seriously. That's why we have made exciting developments across the portfolio including:
- New unit Well-being for the Workplace built into our Level 1 Certificate in Employability, Skills for Employment and Work Preparation
- New Well-being and Sustainable Living units added to our Independent Living qualification
- Enhanced units across the suite to embed digital, well-being and sustainability learning opportunities
- FREE Digital, Well-being and Sustainability learner guides, available all of our centres to encourage learner development beyond the classroom
Where can my learners progress from here?
Learners can progress into work having benefited from acquiring some of these key skills. They can progress into their core curriculum having gained confidence and new skills in a time efficient manner.
Hear what tutors and staff from training provider Best Practice People have to say about Ascentis Short Online Qualifications here.
How do I get started?
For more information on how to deliver our SOQs and/or Online Enrichment qualifications, move your provision to Ascentis, or to request a visit to your centre, please contact the Commercial Team here.
If you wish to apply now, please download the Centre Recognition Form and/or Qualification Approval Form which are available on our Join Us page.